Hot Hot Is Too Hot...

Robert
I found Woodruff keys listed in the Machinery's Handbook 17th edition page 869 onwards. On pg 871 Table #1 "Woodruff Keys, Key-slots and Keyways - SAE Standard", there is a column heading of American Standard Key Numbers and the following column is Manufactures' Numbers. The #1 is 204, 3 is 404, 5 is 405 and 15 is 808.
Pierre

I have 1) 10D H, 1) 10F H, 1) 10F V and 1) I bought off of ebay advertised as a "10 H
HWF
Harold,

How did you ID the first Horizontal as being from a 10D? Reason that I ask is that based on both the 2nd version of the MOLO and period catalogs in my collection, the horizontal countershaft came out with or at the same time as the 10F.

My bearing holders ended up looking like this:

Bearing_Atlas-Model_zpshnicx0wl.jpg

Harold,

How did you ID the first Horizontal as being from a 10D? Reason that I ask is that based on both the 2nd version of the MOLO and period catalogs in my collection, the horizontal countershaft came out with or at the same time as the 10F.
It was an assumption based on that I got the lathe from the original owners daughter and the lathe was still on the same bench and same shop since new. I suppose it could have been changed at some point or possibly started life as a Unit Plan and upgraded over the years. I call it a Model D because that is how it looks, there are no tags or labels on it.
HWF

Harold,

OK. Just curious.

Robert D.

Back