Hot Shot 360 Oven has gone up

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Stan of ,"The Bash" has made arrangements with American Rotary to sell the HotShot 360 Stan had previously been building and selling.
I've often thought it would be kind of cool to have one if I ran into some extra money.
I checked the price $999.
Stan sold them for considerably less. Dang it.

I've seen some home made versions that look ok as well.
This one is programmable to ramp up, hold temperature then slowly cool. It also has a tempering setting as I understand.

I'm sharing this in case any of you were thinking of getting one.

American Rotary was offering their design of the 360 at close to Stan's price for a while as a special intro price. Unfortunately yes it has gone up now. I've been thinking of getting one too, but building the new shop is eating my resources for now. Interestingly, American Rotary is offering a 360T, tempering only, for quite a bit less.

Stan of ,"The Bash" has made arrangements with American Rotary to sell the HotShot 360 Stan had previously been building and selling.
I've often thought it would be kind of cool to have one if I ran into some extra money.
I checked the price $999.
Stan sold them for considerably less. Dang it.

I've seen some home made versions that look ok as well.
This one is programmable to ramp up, hold temperature then slowly cool. It also has a tempering setting as I understand.

I'm sharing this in case any of you were thinking of getting one.

I saw one of these last weekend, looks like a nice little unit. I don't know what they cost before AR took them over but I have to say they are cheaper than I expected.

Stan's video from this weekend said he still had a pallet of hot shots and was offering them for the original price. So forget what you see on American Rotary, you need to contact Stan to get the original price.

Contact Stan. He might build one just for you. I have one from his first production run of 20 And love it. Beware - it makes you need/want a surface grinder. Terrific oven.

Last edited:
I bought 1 of his 1200 versions. Very pleased!

I saw one of these last weekend, looks like a nice little unit. I don't know what they cost before AR took them over but I have to say they are cheaper than I expected.
I don't think you can touch one of these for less than $2,000 in any other brand.
When Stan first offered them I should have grabbed one. I think it was $690?? $100 More for the better controller.

I looked into those hot-shots at one point, but ended up going a different direction for 2 reasons:
1- its pretty small inside.
2- they even then were quite expensive!

I instead found a pottery kiln (capable of 2200 degrees!) and bolted a cheap ebay ramp-soak controller to it and have much of the functionality for about 1/2 the price.

Price of steel especially stainless has gone up dramatically over the past year. Piece of cold rolled 1/4 4x8 was 180 now 380. So he’s just trying to cover cost.

Back