How big is a burke #4

Ebel440

Active User
Registered
Does anyone know the dimensions of a burke # 4 mill ? Im just trying to figure out if i can fit it in a toyota camry trunk

Does anyone know the dimensions of a burke # 4 mill ? Im just trying to figure out if i can fit it in a toyota camry trunk

The main body of mine measures 26H x 18W x 22D but I have the motor off right now, you might want to take more than a Camry and at least one strong friend, it's lot heavier than it looks.

That would be quite a challenge in a car trunk.

Here's a link that shows someone taking one apart and putting it in the back of his van. It's got some weight to it too.

http://jamesriser.com/Machinery/Burke/MillingMachine.html

I've got one and I love the little thing. If it were me and that was the only holdup to getting it, I'd make an effort to find a way to transport it.

The mill does break down into small pieces rather easily. Total weight is around 500 - 600 lbs. I'm guessing that each individual part will fit, but you would have to make multiple trips. Mine was in a basement when I bought it, and we disassembled it and loaded it in the back of my pickup truck in under an hour...maybe less.

Thanks i think its a little too big so im going to borrow a pickup and hopefully get it this weekend

The base comes off from the mill. You can get it in the trunk lying sideways, but the base and trunk weigh about 600 pounds.

Thanks it didnt have the base but i dont think im going to be able to get it. Seems it may be sold already

Back