How Can I Make This?

muscleflex

Active User
Registered
Hi all,
Was hoping you guys could help me and tell me how I can make this tool?
It's more the teeth I want to figure out how to do..
I have the rod. I can drill through it to make the hole in the middle... but I have no idea how I'm going to do the teeth. I was thinking just file either side, allowing the space in the middle to come up with the teeth?!
I don't have a mill. Just my mini lathe.

Thanks
$_1.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MLEmart-W...ol-Kit-for-CO2-GBB-Gas-Magazine-/231638386386

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

One way is to drill holes the proper size and insert drill rod in and locktite it, unless the teeth need to have flats on it. By chance have you seen myfordboys videos, he does similar task on his small myford lathe and his methods are impressive and worth watching. I enjoy watching his videos and his approach to various task.:encourage:

Thank you. I'll check myfordboys...
It's the end I need to figure out - the teeth. I need to know how to do the teeth.

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean now.... unfortunately yes, the teeth need to be rectangle in shape. I need to make this tool to screw this valve down:
APAINU-VE-2-0001-3L.jpg

APAINU-VE-2-0001-3L.jpg

APAINU-VE-2-0001-3L.jpg

APAINU-VE-2-0001-3L.jpg

APAINU-VE-2-0001-3L.jpg

APAINU-VE-2-0001-3L.jpg

When I needed a wrench to turn a slotted end like that I would just use flat stock. Find some the proper width and grind/file out what you don't need. Then use a crescent wrench to turn it. It's not pretty but it is functional.

Thank you. I'll check myfordboys...
It's the end I need to figure out - the teeth. I need to know how to do the teeth.

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean now.... unfortunately yes, the teeth need to be rectangle in shape. I need to make this tool to screw this valve down:
APAINU-VE-2-0001-3L.jpg
You could still use the drill rod approach. Just use drill rod dia. that fits the slot width, should work just fine

fixit

APAINU-VE-2-0001-3L.jpg

APAINU-VE-2-0001-3L.jpg

APAINU-VE-2-0001-3L.jpg

APAINU-VE-2-0001-3L.jpg

APAINU-VE-2-0001-3L.jpg

If you could figure out a way to hold the part with your toolpost you could mill it on your lathe. If you had a 5/c qc toolholder or the part would fit in the groove of one toolholder you can chuck up and endmill and go to it. Not an ideal set up but would get the job done

You can lay it down in your mill..run a bit down one end then roll it over..level it...go

Untitled.jpg

To create the teeth on your lathe, clamp the tube to your tool post and use an end mill in your chuck.

Back