[How-To] How can I test this motor?

Once you smell a burned motor, you'll never mistake that smell for anything else.

Good to know ;) FWIW, ohming out the motor resulted in every conceivable setup being fine... I'm wondering if I was supposed to bleed the system in some way, but I'm not sure. Either way I have to re-assemble the machine before i can tell!

I would think that the machine's hydraulic system would bleed itself while running, if there were visable provisions for bleeding they should be obvious, that is, not hidden away.

I would think that the machine's hydraulic system would bleed itself while running, if there were visable provisions for bleeding they should be obvious, that is, not hidden away.
I found a manual, that is actually the way :) i just didn't give it enough time to bleed apparently. It was just a coincidence that the GFCI-looking-thing in the electrical box (or some other thermal thing) froze out at the same time I placed the valve body back on the machine.

That GFCI looking thing is likely a thermal overload relay that senses overload of the motor that it protects and opens the motor's magnetic starting switch, shutting the motor off.

Back