How did you get your user name and what does it mean.

Compuserve to me was a recent thing lol. I was on bbs's back in the day of 150baud acoustic copupler modems.

Ah yes, The FidoNet days, remember them well. You could send an email and it would take as long to get to where it was going as it would if you'd sent a letter via Canada Post!

Years ago, a customer of mine ( a paint making plant ) broke this ...for lack of a better term..."giant spoon" thing, that was used for mixing vats of paint. It was basically a piece of 1" round bar with a spoon shape made onto the end of it. A new one wasn't available for some time...very specialized. Anyway...I went and got a piece of round bar, went to our shop and started heating and hammering. We were a forklift repair place, so this wasn't exactly in our line of work. After 20 minutes of hammering, the service manager came back to see what the heck I was doing. I was kind of known for coming up with unusual solutions to weird situations and doing jobs that had nothing to do with our business. Anyway....I told him, and he said "so now you're a @#$%@#$ blacksmith too !" The name stuck.

Last edited:
Mine's my company's name.
What bugs me are animated avatars. Too distracting.
Other than that I'm a reasonable guy.

New guy here and I gave myself the 'handle' Buster as I can (and do) break things. I also like the movie of the same name - good sound track too. In my working life I was Mate, or The Mate to some, and I signed everything M8.

B

I went to a golf outing when I. First. Started hauling cars. One of my friends wives asked him who the scruffy looking guy was .20 yrs later still called that by pretty much every one.

Ps. Haven't had a drink in almost 2 yrs.

Scruffy. Ron. Kincaid

Good on ya, Ron. Been just over 11 months for me.

-frank

Good on both you and Ron Frank. Tis not an easy task. I've been clean for over 18 years now. I quit for the last time ( I hope) in January of 95. Keep it up. it gets much better.

"Billy G" :winner:
I've been sober for 13yrs...since March of 2000. Hence my user name. There's quite a few of us on here, but I'll let them reveal themselves. :))

Marcel

If you are old enough to remember Jr. Samples from Hee Haw, you may remember the phone number to is used car lot... BR549..

I live in the west Texas desert and own 10 acres of cactus,creosote and grease wood with a couple of Indian Hawthorn (All Thorn).
My wife hates 'em but the blooms are spectacular in the spring.

bhl are my intials and the 25-06 is the first gun I ever bought. It was a rebareled 03 a3 springfield. Only gave 100 for it but the durn thing but it could shoot far better then my ability at the time.

I've been sober for 13yrs...since March of 2000. Hence my user name. There's quite a few of us on here, but I'll let them reveal themselves. :))

Marcel
Been sober since June 2007, and true enough not easy sometimes. But it does get easier the longer I go.
Keltg20

Back