How did you get your user name and what does it mean.

I started as an automotive tech in 1985 and got tired of borrowing tools, so I started buying stuff off of the snap-On, Matco, and Mac trucks every week. Before long, everyone was borrowing stuff from me and they started calling me Tim the toolman and it just stuck. FWIW, no, my last name isn't Taylor...:rofl:

My name is from the sanskrit "om" with an "e" added at the end.
When i was very young, i started repeating many words that my parents thought was baby talk.
Later, at 13 , i met an elderly indian Swami, who identified my jibberish as vedic sanskrit, not spoken for a thousand or so years.
Jon

Mine is from a car also.. 1934 3 Window Ford Coupe, aka Model 40.. so 34_40! After 3 decades of Mustangs, Cougars, etc... It was time for something different! :roflmao:

I work at a power generation station and we use turbines as the prime mover. I happen to be in Operations and Maintenance so I have to work on them when they are sick.

Durwood

I was stationed in the air cavalry troop of a cavalry squadron in Germany. We were given orders to deploy to Saudi Arabia for Operation Desert Shield / Desert Storm. I was one of only two people in the squadron with actual combat experience. As you can imagining, all of the younger pilots had a lot of questions about what to expect. At some point during a discussion amongst them somebody said "go ask the "Sensai". It stuck and became my call sign. I use it nowadays as a tribute to those, now, weathered combat veterans. Gary Martin

Gary

Sent from this thingy using what'sit

Mine is just the name of my car. Just what I was thinking of at the time.

The Cadillac STS is long gone. Now I have a Cadillac ELR

Last edited:
'59 Bugeye Sprite, and my name is Paul. But, feel free to call me.... Paul

I had an MG Midget, or little person now I guess, but later. I think they were clones except for the eyes. As for my name. My mom kinda picked it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back