How did you get your user name and what does it mean.

Born with it, means "broad court" or perhaps wide street. Family came from Germany, but in Holland it's the place where the farmers met to sell their produce, a wide spot in the road.

Longer story than most. In my younger years I used to go to Scifi conventions. I ran the gaming rooms, and hung out with a lot of the scifi/scifantasy authors who were guest speakers. Everyone who went to those conventions had name tags which had some fanciful and notional name.

Authors were constantly looking for ideas of characters/character-names. Often, they would co-op my name and use it for a character in one of their new books. The most disturbing ones would borrow "elements of my personality" and roll it into their new character. (You never really want to know what others think of you ;) )

Even worse, the next year I would show up, and others would comment "oh, you are using the name of that new character in the book written by XXXXX". I got tired of having to come up with a new name. So, I thought I would select a name which would not be as "Marketable" as former choices. Addertooth is derived from an old Shakespeare quote about betrayal. It seemed a safe choice. Well, I was wrong. It is now used for a character in a fantasy series about Sentient Cats. I am tolerant, but not actually fond of cats (except perhaps Main coon cats).

At this point, I am too old and tired to make another annual change. So it remains.

First of all thankyou for the thread resurrection!

ASM109. My boys were in scouting and therfore, so was I. My user name is my scout role and troop number.

My scout nickname was RainMan because of a strong ability to take the boys camping in southern california on the few weekends each year that it rains.

I have always owned Chrysler products from the 50's and 60's with fins and the last class 8 i bought was a Kenworth.

Attachments

• 300-F insurance pic's 005 (2).JPG
    300-F insurance pic's 005 (2).JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 56 Dodge 1963 001.jpg
    56 Dodge 1963 001.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3099 (800x533) (600x400).jpg
    IMG_3099 (800x533) (600x400).jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 5
Mine is a play on my surname. My family has used it for years as shorthand for our surname.

Mine is a play on my surname. My family has used it for years as shorthand for our surname.
and we thought it was an unheard of size......

Meanwhile, mine arose with 50 already taken (age at time), 51 gave a better ring to it.
It's the only one I use everywhere; except the bank.

Well it’s the same name I used on the Telex machine at a former employer. Been using it ever since. Yes I’m a pre-millennial, by quite a lot.

Back