How did you get your user name and what does it mean.

rock breaker came from the most interesting part of my job at Holcim's quarry near Penrose, CO. We used on the average about 12 ton of explosive a week.
and they didn't call you boom boom?
Did you do the blasting, or drilling?

I have a lot of respect for someone who does this... you pay attention to the details.

I've always used pseudonyms online over the years, but when I joined this site I thought I would use my own name for a change. My parents gave it to me. I've been working to convince them that it means "Most Beloved Son"! It actually means "forever ruler." I found that out at my wife's Polish side family reunion. The family gave us name tags with Polish and English translations of our names along with their meanings. She who must be obeyed was not pleased!

Eric

If I lived in USA and was buying a truck it would be a Pete. Here is one from 1964 in Oz. First trip 28tons 1400 miles 8.71 4x4 twin sticker.View attachment 393480
the paint on the wheels, and tank are a nice touch. The brush bar is it needed? do you drive it into the brush?
But you know the steering wheel is on the wrong side, and you are parked on the wrong side :grin:

@woodchucker, You are right about paying attention to details. As a former equipment operator turned quarry super I designed the pattern for the drill holes, powder charge and the ignition pattern for the blasting. During blasting days I was on the shot most of the time.
Have a good day
rock breaker

Mine is from my machining business back in the day when I made a line of ATV parts.
alloyspecialties.JPG

Well my last bike was a Suzuki 750 GSXR and I had my crash with it when I car turned infront of me which changed my life forever. So I have always been a Suzuki fan and it was my last bike and I guess it will always be my last bike because my wife loves me too much to let me get a bike again. So Suzuki4evr seems to fit. Incase some of the members wondered, I am not a Japanese bloke named Suzuki. I now happily run my engineering one man shop from home and loving it because of the crash. God is good.

Mine is from an equipment company from Switzerland . I used to use their concrete spray machine underground, also known as Shotcrete.

Well, I can I say..... I'm getting into machining "Just for fun"

Back