How did you get your user name and what does it mean.

I worked on my motorcycles on the curb for years. But after a particularly brutal winter, I found a garage space, put together a collective of folks who like to wrench on vintage bikes, and who need a safe space for their rides and their tools.

Talking with a friend I said it was "sorta like a nature preserve, but for motorcycles." Done!

Bosses gave this one to me. They have a knack for finding projects I have no experience in, and giving them to me to manage of complete. It all started when one said we needed a website to do our accounting, inventory, order, and personnel management. I said "I dont have the slightest clue how to do that!", His answer is always the same, "...So?". After 3 or 4 of these going very well, boss says, "I hand you a mess, and you just dive in and start chucking out the garbage, when the dust settles, its all clear, your like the Tazmanian Devil of stuff you've never done". We joke around that my title is honorary, but my last promotion was really to Janitor LOL.

My first name is Paul......so a few years back when I was entertained by playing with on-line NASCAR racing games.....FastPauly was the name I used.

When the greenhornet was on TV in the 60's, I was fasinated with Bruce Lee. I went on to study Martial Arts for 15 years. Then my bones finished me off!! My back is wore out so the doctors say.

My initials, and what I fancy myself as. I registered for a business license once and used this as the business name.

Back when I was into Geo-cache for some exercise, I would occasionally succeed in actually finding what someone else had hidden in the woods (or in town). The way the rules are you sign the log on site and usually leave something of nominal value, and take something that someone else left of nominal value. When you get home, you log into the website and tell the world that you found the item you were looking for. I also really like standing in front of a lathe or mill, and whether the endeavor is productive or destructive I always make chips. At this point I had the idea to link the two hobbies together by the login moniker of chipmaker. As a further link I would leave a very small and relatively inexpensive tap that at the time I had a bunch of. Alas that name had already been taken so I added the birthday of my boston terrier (May 1st) who would usually accompany me in my treks in across the county. Hence chipmaker51. Well I got used to the moniker, kinda like it, and when it was not yet taken here I made it my own once again.

And to think the normal train of thought is that everyone is hiding or in the witness protection program. These are some cool stories fellas. I'm impressed. Keep them coming. ------ "Billy G"

Back