How do I know what size hole to drill?

without a chart you can use math. the basic od. minus the thread pitch. that is the number of threads divided into one in your case18 divided into one. 5/16" (.312-.0555 =.257 which is a "f" drill. this formula will work for all threads that I have found bill

We have a handful of plastic pocket cards that have decimal convers> N on one side and tap drill chart on the other.

Picked up at estate sales and likely source are manufactures of product.

Look at drill companies Web pages for posters as well as searching forums for sources.

We remember reading once somewhere of one who would send wall size for free and still need to do so..but that requires clear wall...

What Bob said. they also have pocket charts and other stuff they will send free. Just need to sign up. And they don't send a bunch of spam either.

I’m not knocking Machinery‘s Handbook, I have and use both of mine (shop and office) or pocket cards, and I have two of the Starrett wall charts, (but don’t have any possible wall space to put them up, they’re huge!, and I have a couple of similar but smaller wall charts from various sources that do fit on my walls walls or the back of doors, in my shop, but I ALWAYS have my phone on me and that is why I have iEngineer on my phone. They are all useful in their own settings. AND I have no idea why this is in bold type!?

Back