How Do I Mount A Dro???

Danny Mayes

Registered
Registered
I have a HF mini / Sieg X2 and wondered how to mount a ser of Igaging DROs properly.

Thanks

Hi Danny,

I know I have seen a couple options on this forum, but they did not appear in a quick search for them.
Perhaps try a few different search terms, maybe they will turn up....

One method is to drill into the table where you need to mount, tap those holes and bolt the mounting brackets on directly. However, you really want to be sure that you are not damaging the equipment (break off a corner, drill thru the dovetail ways, etc) or voiding any warranty you want to keep. It's not for the faint of heart or for a beginner.

I have also seen people use t-slots on the front of their tables, or use the mounting location from any /stop/cover/accessory to avoid adding any new holes. Often you'll need to make some brackets that mount the DRO brackets to your particular machine.

I have also seen people using epoxy to add mounting points. Clean the surface well, you may even need to remove paint. However, if required you can always grind/sand the epoxy off and repaint those spots.

I'll try to do a few more searches here.....I'll post back if I find anything.....

-brino

Back