How do you ask your wife to leave?

Do I ask her?

• Total voters

GunsOfNavarone

Registered
Registered
Yes, I'm afraid it is that time. All relationships change over time. Needs, wants, desires, etc... After 30 years, I need to ask my wife to leave.....the garage. Seriously, I need more space! That would be HUGE! We have a 2 car garage and my half is packed with tools and machines....her side? A stoopid car. Not even a awesome car...just a car.
Anyone else been in or currently in this position? What to do??

You have half the garage.

I'm not familiar with Lakewood but in Michigan we get snow.

Free up more space on your side or move to a place where you can have a dedicated shop.

JMHO,

John

I'd say ...
"It's not you, it's me.
please don't be hurt.
you are still attractive and fun to play with, but that only goes so far.
I'm a man who has needs and desires, that only the cold touch of cast iron or steel, or possibly an optical comparator can satisfy.
honey we had a good run- but i want to see other machines- in the garage.
don't go away mad, just go away from my garage"

Your screwed unless you move, or you downsize. I have SLOOOOOOOWLY encroached to about 2/3-3/4 of the garage, but she, and I park outside, no HOA. I also put up a 20 x 25 single slope steel carport for the Chevelle, and the 67 Nova

Your problem is that you let her in there to begin with! We built our house 40 years ago and the mistake that I made was we built the garage too small, only 24 Ft. x 24 Ft. In 40 years our cars have only been in the garage 2 winters, the rest of the time it's been British street cars or the British vintage race cars. :grin:

Back