How do you ask your wife to leave?

Do I ask her?

• Total voters
There's a car in your garage ? :grin: I got the front end of the Honda Civic past the garage door once , only after removing the Kubota , zero turn and 3 four wheelers .

You can buy cheaper than u can build. Look for a building / barn / shop near you. Maybe some space for office/her hobby. Maybe get some land too.

My shop building is 2 miles away. No complaints from wife or neighbors. No HOA. 3 phase power too. This shop I own.

For a couple years, I rented a commercial unit in an industrial park. Other guys had shops there, so I lent and borrowed tools and expertise. I miss that connection.

Otherwise there's always the basement or a lift for her car.

Or she could get an off shift job so that pesky car isn't in the way of real work.

Ask her if you can install a new drill press in the kitchen because there is nowhere else to put it that you can find. And not to worry that you will find a way not to track dirt and grease in from the garage when you come in the kitchen to use it. She might come up with a better idea than you where to put it.

Last edited:
ROTFLMAO.

But seriously, you could gain some useful storage volume by using pallet rack to create a "loft" over the hood of her car.
It does have a hood doesn't it? Two uprights (40-44" wide) to the ceiling plus at least four beams and there you are.
The upright in the center of the garage is a "wall" that can also be useful.
Can you park a cargo or camping trailer in your side yard?
I'm certain you realize that any damage to her car (or anything else) will be your fault.
Don't ask her to leave the garage without remuneration. Make a deal with her. What does she want more of? :bawling:

Back