How Do You Dispose Of Your Chips?

I have a metal 55 gal. drum that I plan on cutting the top off of, and putting a few drain holes in the bottom. When its full the whole drum goes to scrap.

I collect my aluminum chips and scrap in a 35 gallon garbage bin. Almost full after 2 years. All other metals are combined together in a smaller bin that was a cat litter bin. I probably work with 80% aluminum.

I don't expect to get money back, but the wife and I try to be environmentally conscious and it makes me feel better to recycle the chips if possible.

I drive to my local scrape yard and just dump it on the big pile and run.... I don't worry about getting money for it unless I have dumpster full..... lol

I don't have a lot of space, so chips go into the regular trash can, either via dust pan or via canister vac. Might be different if I ran a factory, but I'm just a hobbyist who makes a few pounds of chips a year.

I disposed of a few chips last weekend. I took a few handfuls of that nasty stringy birdsnest from cutting down the hardened BT40, stuffed in into the hole, and added a good dose of polyurethane foam. Let's see the mouses get past THAT.

Back