How do you Setup a Taig 4 Jaws Chuck?

Nicolas, below is my setup for truing the 3 jaw scroll chuck. The Taig tool holders are really hard to beat. They are only a few dollars and can be modified to fit just about any application. I should have insert a washer in the chuck here for completeness.
1532266181679.png
The Sherline chucks thread right up as well. However you will need a washer because the thread gutter on the spindle is a little deep.

1532267462575.png

The independent 4 jaw chuck is of course better than any scroll chuck if you need to get spot on. I use the Tubalcain 2 key method.

1532267757611.png

Below is the 1040 collet system. Each one is only about $5 and they work really well for holding small work accurately. There is a blank included for you to custom cut for your needs. I would probably go with the ER16 if I were to buy again because more sizes are available. May still yet.
1532268574185.png

I recommend Nick Carter http://www.cartertools.com/ for all you're Taig needs. He is outstanding to work with and his web site is definitely comprehensive. I live on the east coast and he lives on the west. I would rather pay extra shipping and buy from Nick. He's not really a salesman. He's a gadgeteer.

Last edited:
Back