How do you store your taps and dies?

The problem with single hole storage solutions is having multiple bits. Then all except the "chosen one" still sit in a drawer or on a bench somewhere, only to be lost to obscurity as to their size. Then out comes the micrometer.
That is why the Huot cabinets make sense to me.
Yup. I just bought 3 Huots but they will have to be re-labeled. Fairly decent price from all industrial.com

I believe I have more taps than MSC . This is my problem . Sorting thru these will take a while . Then I will bring more up to the basement from the shop and start over again ! :grin:

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

Wow
I believe I have more taps than MSC . This is my problem . Sorting thru these will take a while . Then I will bring more up to the basement from the shop and start over again ! :grin:
wow, you have a lot! If I am not organized and have my pieces in a logical easily found mode, I usually say the heck with it and run out and just buy more. So I end up spending money needlessly, wasting time to go buy what I can’t find or worse yet waiting till the next day when McMaster Carr delivery comes (If I order today it arrives tomorrow, of course with a shipping charge even though it’s reasonable) via UPS. That’s why I have taken a couple of days to clean and organize my pieces.

Right now they're all in a small drawer bunched together, I bought this on CL for $300.00 going to make sheet metal dividers to store drills, taps and other tooling.
View attachment 287655
Now that is a great find! If I came across one at that price I would jump on it!

I had a few moves in this process which didn't help matters . I had to unload the Vidmars when moving 2 houses up the street , and then kinda just dumped them back in after moving . So they were straightened out at one time . Unfortunately that was years and years ago . Time to get some sleep . Work comes late .

I had a few moves in this process which didn't help matters . I had to unload the Vidmars when moving 2 houses up the street , and then kinda just dumped them back in after moving . So they were straightened out at one time . Unfortunately that was years and years ago . Time to get some sleep . Work comes late .
Moving definitely creates messes! We moved into our current home 12 years ago and we still have boxes we put in the basement that need going through. But life gets in the way.....I understand!

... gives a whole new meaning to the term, "tap city" :)

I have a bunch of Huot tap indexes for #0-#12 taps and 1/4"-1/2" taps. Somewhere around here I've uploaded a picture, but I can't find it on my phone. Dies I keep in a little tray that I 3d printed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back