• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

How does customs work on Chinese or European 3D printers

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Dave Paine

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I rarely purchase direct from China. I have purchased some low value components where there was not going to be any customs.

I am looking at some 3D printers from China or Europe and wonder whether I will have to pay import duties, and if so how is this paid?

I would prefer to purchase a printer already in a US warehouse, but not an option for the models I am considering.

Dave Paine

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I did some internet searches after making the post and found personal use less than $2500 should not have import duties. I am looking at a printer in the $500 - 800 range so should not incur import duties.

gjmontll

Active User
H-M Supporter-Donating Member
I bought a Chinese Prusa clone 3d printer for about 400 USD. No duty, and no obvious customs delay.

jbolt

Active User
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
I bought a Creality CR-10 from Banggood in China. Took about 5 weeks to get here. It spent a week in or so in customs but no extra fees (yet) like they get in Europe. There is a US based company importing and selling the same printer but they want $200 more.

[6]
[5] [7]