How I mounted up my inexpensive IGaging DROs, to my lathe using 3M VHB mounting tape.

here is a couple shots of what i came up with and it was based on what i had available. brass, nylon, solder and some small wires. the iGaging dro's only NEED one battery to function. so one of these is required for each dro. the little battery holder that i bought a bunch of,(and still have) have a on-off switch built into it, i added the green led to it, burning a little hole in the case to mount it. i may have hot glued it in place, i can't remember.
when the battery subsitiute gets installed in the readout, a small exit hole must be cut (i used a heated bike spoke) / burned thru one end of the case, the wire needs to get out somehow. i have also attached a small strip of velcro on the back of the battery holder and on the machine using 3m super tape thats talked about in other postings, so its easy to remove and replace the batterys. i don't think i will ever need to replace them in my lifetime.

i noticed today that when i use my lathe dro's im constantly checking the measurments, then zeroing the readouts and carrying-on for another cut. i still forget to turn them off when i leave the shop. i even posted a dang note bu the door. so im going for the photos now. they worked. the nylon is .010 thick
IMG_1051 (600x800).jpgIMG_1052 (600x800).jpgIMG_1053 (800x600).jpgIMG_1054 (800x600).jpg

IMG_1051 (600x800).jpg IMG_1052 (600x800).jpg IMG_1053 (800x600).jpg IMG_1054 (800x600).jpg

Back