How low can you go.

There is an outfit in the UK the sells step-up VFD's, that are 240V single phase in and 415V 3 phase out. Tend to be expensive, I have also seen some through Aliexpress, but do not know how well they work. The Alpha-Drive Micro VFD-A-E6-20022 above states that the voltage in (240V) = voltage out, so it will not output 380VAC 3 phase.
Ok so what are telling a me,a guy that is not so good with motors and electronic stuff,do my motor not run as a three phase motor even though it looks like it does or are you saying that I am not enjoying the power output of the 2.2kw three phase motor? Give it to me as if you are talking to a complete novice. Because I have a vfd that says 1PH Input and 3PH output 2.2kw and my my motor is 2.2kw 3PH running on 220v power.

Being a complete novice myself and in the process of trying to buy a vfd myself ,i find it confusing. The motor tag shows its a 400v motor that is star wired . So I assume it would run on standerd 380v 3 ph in S Africa. Your vfd shows its single phase in at 240v and is three phase out . But is it 240v three phase or 380v three phase. If its 240v three phase would your motor not need to be able to run on 240v. ? I notice most of these motors have the ability to be wired either 240v or 380v but need to be changed from star to delta. I see you can buy either a 380v output or a 240v output vfd.
Where did you buy the vfd ?.I am in the market for one but have never bought off banggood or amazon before.

I am just as bad with this stuff and had a lot of help from my brother inlaw(electrical engineer) and guys on this site,so will lie to you if I want to help,struggling to help myself. I got mine from Varispeed.

But is it 240v three phase or 380v three phase.
Hi Plunger. The motor is re-configured to delta and 230V three phase. I don't understand how or why it works,but I know it does. There are much wizer members here who will be able to explain it better,but what I want to believe on how it works is that the Vfd convert the 380v three phase the motor needs into 230v three phase...........somehow. Like I said it is not my field of expertise, but all I know is that I have a three phase motor that works instead of my previous single phase motor. I just added a potentiometer to my VFD today and moved the VFD fom my machine to the wall. The guy who helped me alot is markba633csi. He helped me with all the rewiring and also the setting of the parameters, up to point where I think he suggested that I contact the guys from Varispeed. And I must say I could have saved Mark a lot of time by doing that sooner,because the guy just guided me over the phone. But if it wasn't for Mark,I don't know how I would have gotten to the finnish line on this. I hope you have someone who can help when you get your VFD. I am glad I did the conversion. Good luck to you.

-Michael-

Back