How many PM-1440-GS owners do we have here?

I don't have one but from what I have read the GS is a relatively new model so there may not be a lot of owners yet. There are several PM-1440 & 1340- GT owners here and they all seem to be very happy with their machines. In general, PM machines get good reviews and the company has a very good reputation for quality and customer service.

I have a 1440GS lathe. Had it for a couple months now. Unfortunately haven’t had much free time to put it to work much. In my limited time using it have no complaints

Yes. I have to cutoff most of my MT4 tangs.

I have had one since Nov 2016. For the price, I like the machine. I'm happy with it. I could not find a good used one for the same money. I had to shorten my live center and drill chuck. It hasn't been a problem. They don't spin in the tail stock. When I got it, I bolted it to the floor and leveled it. I had to clean it good and adjust everything. My machine is accurate, cuts good threads, and I can take cuts as heavy as any other machine this size that I have used over the years. It takes time but I think bolting it to the floor and leveling it makes a difference in any lathe in accuracy and heavier cuts.

Back