How to attach a Palmgren 250 Vise to my PM1022?

Capt45

Former Member
Is it possible to attach a Palmgren 250 to the carriage of my PM 1022 in order to do ome ight milling? And if yes, please explain the procedure..
Thanks in advance.

You can probably adapt it, but I don't think it would mate up directly. You would probably be better with a flat bottom attachment using the t-slots on the carriage.

I got a little 2”? Palmgren lathe milling adapter in a box of you name it shop tools that I got with my little used
10-22 lathe. Took a bit of time to figure out what it was. It just bolts to the back section of the cross slide. I’ve never used it because I also got a little griz. Mini mill thrown in with the lathe. At the time I thought that that tiny mill couldn’t do anything anywhere near what I would need. I was wrong about that. That stupid cheap little mill can do a heck of a lot more and better than I could have ever dreamed. Still planning on getting an up sized one though. I’ll probably sell of the little milling adapter unless I find another use for it.

76DBFAB7-18C8-47F0-8C01-70FCA6C6B03D.jpeg

6C70456B-ADA1-48BB-8691-8ACE24FBFB88.jpeg

25594117-70EC-49B3-AB78-DCE099F6BA8E.jpeg

4BFD747B-B18E-4E79-A6C3-B67B24965E8D.jpeg

I made an adapter that uses the center bolt of the QCTP. One thing I had to do was to machine the top of the Palmgren base to get a nice flat top on it.

I drilled holes in each of the legs that lined up with my T slots. I believe I used 5 or 6 mm screws. Four of those into the slots keeps it very stable.
Robert

I drilled holes in each of the legs that lined up with my T slots. I believe I used 5 or 6 mm screws. Four of those into the slots keeps it very stable.
Robert
Like to see a pic of the setup if you have one. Thanks for the info Robert.

You have a pic of the adapter you made pdentrem? Sounds like that's what I might need to do. Appreciate the info.

I will try to get you one Monday.
Pierre

As you can see, the adapter is a simple tube. It has a base that is slightly shorter than the height of the Palmgren base, a flair area to straddle the base legs and a reduced diameter tube to reach high enough to use the QCTP nut. The legs on the Palmgren is machined a flat surface for the adapter to sit on properly. Depending on the height of the top slide, some kind of spacer under the vice might be needed to raise the center point of the vice to the center line of the lathe, if so desired. On my lathe I have not the need to do so.
Pierre

IMGP0034a.JPGIMGP0032a.JPGIMGP0031a.JPGIMGP0030a.JPG

Back