How to attach a Palmgren 250 Vise to my PM1022?

Thanks again. You obviously have or have access to a mill for making the jigs. I have the PM 1022 and my imagination. I'll make it work.:)

Yes for the adapter for the Atlas lathe, I did use a mill for the relief areas. I also used a surface grinder to flatten the upper and lower surfaces. The newer tube version is much easier to make and use!

Did you mill the upper part of the Palmgren where the tube fits?

No. I simply mounted the base in the 4 jaw.

Finally got the time to "manufacture" the post adapter. I have the Palmgren 250 mounted on the top slide and I should be milling something this week. Thanks to pdentrem for the idea and pics.
adapter4.jpgadapter5.jpg

You don’t by chance still have the small milling attachment do you?
I got a little 2”? Palmgren lathe milling adapter in a box of you name it shop tools that I got with my little used
10-22 lathe. Took a bit of time to figure out what it was. It just bolts to the back section of the cross slide. I’ve never used it because I also got a little griz. Mini mill thrown in with the lathe. At the time I thought that that tiny mill couldn’t do anything anywhere near what I would need. I was wrong about that. That stupid cheap little mill can do a heck of a lot more and better than I could have ever dreamed. Still planning on getting an up sized one though. I’ll probably sell of the little milling adapter unless I find another use for it.

View attachment 283061

View attachment 283062

View attachment 283063

View attachment 283064

Yeah, still got it, but I'm going to get a PM30 mill cause the Palmgren is a tad smallish for some of the things I want to mill.

Back