How to get a lathe shipped?

With a $3500.00 budget you should be able to find a lathe that suits you, but finding a good used machine sometimes
takes time and patience. If the Taiwan 12x32 and the Rockwell are nearby I'd go look at both of them.

I have the 11"Rockwell and love it,has flame harden ways and the VS is fantastic.But there are three weakness which two are in the QCGB and the third is in the apron.They are the bronze tumbler gears then the clutch gear that is in apron that can't be seen without taking worm gear cover off.The tumbler gears can be look at with mirror and flashlight.So look closely at these,I found a guy who made tumbler gears and still waiting on clutch gear but mine is working,not bad but not new either.The Rockwell is well worth checking into and making test run,the cross slide nut and compound nut is available on ebay also.But more accessories that come with the lathe is a big plus.Good luck sir post some pics with your selectionDave Sat2.jpgWorm Gear3.jpg
Second pic you can just see the teeth of the clutch gear with the cover off.And check out the half nut

Back on topic, I bought a 2500-lb lathe and one mover wanted $1000 to move it 3 miles, while another wanted $260. Doing it over, and seeing what they did, I'd have rented a drop bed trailer and done it myself, if the trailer rental was significantly less than the mover.

Back