How to keep mice out of lawn mower?!?!

Thanks for all the ideas!

I do park it in a closed shed, but obviously there are some cracks big enough for mice to get in.
However, those holes are NOT big enough for a cat to get in!

I will try simply leaving the hood up while it's in the shed......maybe that will help.

I am also interested to see those comercial solutions......never heard of the anti-chew spray.
I will start looking locally for "Rodent Defense" or that anti-chew spray.

That shed does NOT have power, so those plug-in ultrasonic gadgets are out.

I did tell my wife that I would lock one of her house cats in that shed.

-brino

I've heard moth balls work, also Irish Spring Hand soap. Squirrels are the problem here, but the dog is now on full alert and a pellet gun makes them fall from the trees.

Greg

I'd add some poison the wax chunks can be put around every few months . They eat and die. Try sprinkling really hot hot sauce it'll burn the senses and mouths. I'm a Hugh vermin destroyer. Even tree rats fear me , my 25 cal hatsan sniper is awesome and quiet.

We must have tougher rodents in the Midwest. I've tried moth balls, leaving the hood up, traps, dryer sheets, anti rodent spray, and ultrasonic rodent repellants among other things. The only thing they did a good job of was emptying my pocket book. Just for spite every time I tried something new the little buggers would either pee or take a dump on the seat. Now I tip the seat forward so I don't get a messy surprise the first time I sit on it.

The truth be known I think some of the "repellants" actually attract rodents. We tried using "pre flavored" mouse traps. We were going through them at the rate of 4 dozen or more during the winter months. When I ran out of them I started using the old fashion and cheaper "bait em yourself" models. There are now far fewer signs of rodent activity, and none in the tractor since I started using duct tape.

as soon as my brother figures out how to keep the rats out i'll report back. he has resorted to professionals as of today. all his toys are outside now.

4 hours is a lot of time. how much area do you mow? my cows take care of 5 acres and the other 5 takes me 8 beers to mow and i drink fairly fast.

Mouse trap baited with peanut butter. It'll take a week or so to get all of them.

nope
actually green beans work better. last time we used a trap the bride had to tie the green beans to the trap
i used an electronic one that caught maybe a dozen or so in my last commercial shop. my brother has tried all, inc poison, 41 shotgun, nothing has worked for him yet

If you have a farm lots of air gunners would love to be invited to kill rats . They'll do it for free even at night . Which is the best time for hunting rats. Local shooting ranges is where to start. If want to add a nickel or dime bounty I know they'll be very few rats left.

Not sure exactly why, but peppermint oil (get it at drugstore or online) seems to drive them away. drops placed in the immediate area does it.

Back