How to Make A Fuel Line Inverted Flare Tee

I'm looking at making something for my holley carb and like you don't want the that cheap line.

I'm going to come in from the firewall wide and thinking of putting the regulator in the center beside the carb and coming out of two sides, with the inlet coming in the bottom, Just need to design a bracket and get some fittings for it.

Something like this.
regulator mount.jpg

Last edited:
Fuel lines run protected through the frame, and come out near the front of the engine to get away from the reciprocating mass of the fly wheel/flex plate as a safety feature. Most sanctioning bodies do not allow fuel lines at the fire wall for this reason. Just some info....

This type of Fuel Line will allow you to use a 45° fitting (or 2) to jog around the hoses & temp sensor up front.
As mentioned above, definitely fill the tubes (I use Cerrobend) to prevent crimping when bending.

Never heard of cerrobend but i will definitely have to pick some up to try out. Thanks for the tip extropic.

Sorry not reciprocating, rotating.....

Never heard of cerrobend but i will definitely have to pick some up to try out. Thanks for the tip extropic.

You're very welcome.
Safety Tip: For small diameter tubes, getting the tube filled can be a challenge. Pouring it in is a problem because the escaping air will spit and blow back, carrying some hot metal with it (goggles, face mask, etc, please). Another technique is to use vacuum to fill the tube. On a hotplate, boil a container of water, melting the Cerrobend. Surround the work-piece with a larger tube and used a heat gun(s), blowing inside the larger tube to get the work-piece up to temperature. Apply vacuum to draw the molten Cerrobend into the work-piece. Lay the work-piece as horizontal as practicable so the vacuum doesn't have to "lift" the Cerrobend very high. Be safe. YMMV.

How to bend tubes

Is there a way to flip the carburetor so the fuel ports come on the other side and just run a longer throttle cable. I agree with running as little flexible fuel line as you can, too many fuel leaks and fires.

Should be 9/16-18 on the -6AN side. Going from hard line of any type to -AN and then to your 4150 should be straightforward.

I tried to upload the Fragola catalog for it's reference pages, but it's too large for the site.

Back