How To Make A Wire Clamp Tool.

Pretty cool tool! Never saw one before, but I have seen wire clamps on a lot of equipment. When not using a screw thread hose clamp, I've always used Band-it tools and straps for the higher end terminations. High quality but rather expensive. This on the other hand needs to be incorporated in a Leatherman multitool. Thanks.\

CHuck the grumpy one

Interesting. What kind of wire do you use. It looks like it needs to but soft enough to bend but strong enough not to stretch or brake. A side view picture would be nice also.

I made a similar tool a couple of years ago, and it has come in quite handy. You did a nice job on yours, much fancier than I made mine. I made the main body and used a piece of 3/8" threaded rod with a wing nut on it. Works just fine!

I'm sure going to find one these handy after I make one. Now to find some scraps. I'm thinking mechanics wire will work.
Jack

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I also made mine out of some threaded rod.

wire tool.jpg

David

That's pretty cool. Have never run across one before, but sure looks like it would be very useful on a lot of applications and would save quite a bit on hose clamps, which are getting hard to find in any kind of quality material. I would think a stainless wire in several diameters would be the way to go for most things. Mike

I have used wires of different sizes and materials. They all work quite well.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

I have found that almost any wire will do depending on what you want to clamp. I have a tool that I bought few years back that can handle up to 4mm wire and you can just about cut a pipe with it but it is a bulky tool for smaller jobs.
David I like your's better mine is still a bit bulky ,,, back to the shop again.

Back