How to print a PNG file on my printer

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
Needing a circuit diagram for the Caterpillar D6C, I looked on the web and found what I needed,
however, I was not able to print the diagram as it was a PNG file. I did a search for "convert PNG
to JPG" and found several entries that would do just that. It was really quite easy to do.

So, now I can check out the wiring as the ammeter does not work on this machine and I
think the wiring has been modified by someone else over the years. It could easily be
a corrosion thing as well because the wire nuts and bolts have been out in the elements for years.
j5811e(1).jpg

Being unable to print PNG files has been a problem many times in the past so hopefully this post will enable someone else
who has experienced the same situation. :headache:

If you don’t have conversion software you can typically drop the PNG into PowerPoint, Word or OneNote or similar program and then print. Glad you found a way to solve your issue.

Here you go...it is a JPG now. Click on the image to enlarge it. Right Click on the image and select "save image as".. the rest is easy.

Attachments

• Schematic.jpg
    Schematic.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 7
I'm pretty sure you can open PNG files in Microsoft Paint then save as a JPG, BMP, etc.
Yep, that is what I did, and saved it as a JPG... then posted it in the message above yours. I increased the scale too.

Back