How To Run M Klotz's Great Programs Run On Windows 7 64b

Rtindy

Registered
Registered
Has anyone successfully run Marv Klotz's great dos utilities on a 64 bit computer running Windows 7? He told me I did not read his instructions and I swear I have looked at it all and found no reference to 64 bit or Windows 7. There are some great utilities and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Try "dosbox" http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1
I know it states for 32 bit windows but I was reading the other day that it does work under win 64 bit.
I use it on a 32 bit win 7 with no problems (not Marv Klotz's)
The easiest way to run something is to drop it onto the icon but full instructions are available for mounting a drive.

I keep an old win98 laptop around for just shuch things. You can pick one up prity cheap at most thrift stores.

I installed the Turbo C for Windows 7 that has a Dosbox screen before loading TurboC. But the Turbo C is old and I cannot get his file to compile. A couple of the include files are missing and I have been unable to remember enough to debug it. Some parameters are never used, etc.

I keep an old win98 laptop around for just shuch things. You can pick one up prity cheap at most thrift stores.
Guess I will have to go that way. Was trying to avoid spending money to go back in time, but seems the only solution.

I keep pdf manuals and drawings on mine also even have vewers for cad files. And scence it is old don't wory about it being out in the shop. Picked it up for $20.00 at a thrift store.

I use dosbox on a 64 bit machine at work to run some old HP dos programs to convert data files. No need to recompile. Just start up a dosbox shell and run the old dos programs like it's 1987 :)

Heck , I might even try to see if they run in Linux here at home :)

Another option is a "Virtual Machine" like VMWare, VirtualBox, or Microsoft Virtual PC.
With that you could run a copy of another OS within Win7, no separate hardware required.

I currently run VMWare on this Win7 machine and have several virtual machines; WinXP(for old applications) and a couple Win7 ones for testing software, and installing anything from the web that I do not trust.

-brino

Back