How To Run M Klotz's Great Programs Run On Windows 7 64b

I use XP. if I right click on a program, under properties there is a box that lets you run a program under a older Windows platform. Good luck,

Screen capture.jpg

You did not mention what you are trying to calculate. There are quite a few Windows programs that will do many of the things that Marv Klotz's utilities do. A program that I use (mostly because I wrote it to do the things I need) is ShopCalc, the info page for ShopCalc is here.

http://www.dogcreek.ca/shopcalc

It is free stuff and also works in Linux.

Old thread but not worth starting a new one.

I had downloaded some of Marv Klotz's programs. I just downloaded DOSBox 0.74. I am running Windows 8.1 DOSBox works, but as the name implies it is native DOS with all its gory constraints like 8.3 for filename, 8 char for directory name and better not have spaces. Longer names need to be xxxxxx~1 etc.

I had to mount my download directory before I could navigate.

Just for grins I ran the BOLTCIRC program. It ran and I input some data. Marvs program spits out the data into a DAT file which then does not want to open in Windows without my associating this with some application which may conflict with other *.DAT files.

I think Marvs programs would be a lot more useful if they were run in a graphical interface.

I may have to try programming one into a spreadsheet just for fun. I expect many of Marvs program have equivalents on various web sites, just need to find them.

just setup DOSBox and tried out BOLTCIRC.exe for grins. Works fine on Win7/64bit.

The generated .DAT is a plain text file, open it up with notepad or your choice of text editor.
Then you can copy and paste into your choice of spreadsheet program.

Back