VN How to tighten the Saddle Binder (Y Axis) on VN22L?

JRock1000

Registered
Registered
I feel like the binder on the saddle is too loose.
When I tighten the binder on the Z Axis, it snugs up and feels tight.
The Screw Binder on the X (table) cranks tight.
How do I get another half turn on the saddle binder?
The saddle is in the way, and if I push it all the way in, it can jam the saddle movement.
How does it come out to adjust it?
It's got to be easier than pulling the whole front of the knee assembly out, to pull out the shaft that the sliding stops ride on.
Thanks!

Can you post a pic with an arrow to the binder troubling you? There are several versions made. Was just sorting through the pics I've collected & referring to the manuals to try understanding the problem: The parts assembly drawings & operations manual really don't help at all as delivered. As I get deeper into my own Van Norman, I'll be sure to amend my factory parts assembly drawings with which subassemblies do what directly on the drawings. Just for grins. This is a pic of the 22 that most likely represents the answer you seek.

19.jpg

K. So it's the gear drawings that most confuse me. This is clear to see functionality. I'm just an avid fan & beginner. Look forward to your progress!

Just saw this reply.
Looks like it'd be 2L-844 that snugs the gib 22L-212 tight on the dovetail.
Problem is, the rail to set the stops is in the way (not shown in this drawing.
I've got bigger fish to fry right now unfortunately; A bearing in the vertical Feed Drive assembly ate itself, so I have to pull the knee and replace it (need to replace and /or bush a bearing in the horizontal part of the feed drive in the knee as well :confused:)
Thanks!

Back