How would you pronounce this?

Just to add another stick in the mud please notice that the “big numbers” on the dial face have a decimal point in front of each one

So this indicator has a total scale of +/- .8× .00002” ?
No sorry, it would be +/- 0.0008". And nice indicator!

but dang sure I don't ever need to worry about hitting it:cautious:
[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO

I’m sure you’ll “hit it” on the way by.

Ah choo (sneezed near the indicator). Indicator moved, reads 20 millionths off now, out of spec, there goes that part (toss in scrap bin). :p

I'd call that about 0.5 micron :grin:

I have an easier time getting my head around each division on the dial being 0.2 tenths, rather than deal in millionths or microns or furlongs per fortnight. So, I'd call that dial reading 2.2 tenths. But, this is probably the first and last time I'll ever have to deal with it anyway. So, if someone wants to call it 22,000 100 millionths, I'm not going to argue with'em. ;)

Tom

I sure hope that you are working in a closely thermal controlled room. Just holding that thing in your hand would change the measurement by a full scale

Send it to me. I'll figger it out..

Chuck
On second thought don't send it. I looked again and my eyes went blurry and my head started to hurt. I must be allergic to accuracy. :headache:

Last edited:
The way I read it is if each tick is .00002 (as labeled) then the first big mark would be .00010, the second would be .00020 (as the dial number shows) and the final reading would be .00022. Or 2.2 ten-thousandths, or 22 hundred-thousandths.

Back