Howard Precision sale: $1/lb aluminum plate drops

mcdanlj

Registered
Registered
Plate drops up to 12" x 60" in Mic 6, Alca 5, 6061, and M1 are $1/pound, plus shipping if you aren't in the Milwaukee WI area to pick up. (I paid $1.82/lb shipped.) Minimum order $30. You can limit your search to 12" widths and avoid seeing items too wide for the sale price.☺

Ordering process is: you fill your "wish list" with drops and request a quote, then they respond with quote. If any drops you request aren't available, they'll let you know and try to offer something similar. They don't have online credit card processing; you either fax or provide over the phone. Clearly oriented to business, but they have been very friendly, patient, and helpful to me as a hobbyist.

Note that if you order more than 70 lbs, they default to shipping freight. At some point that's cheaper, but not in the 100lb range, so when I asked they have split out into a couple packages each under 70 lbs to avoid excessive shipping charges.

I can't recall seeing a scratch or dent on any of the drops I have purchased from them in the past, cast or wrought. They must run a really clean shop.

Thanks for the info.
I’m off to see what I want but don’t “need “ if you know what I mean.

Oh DANG!!! You had to put this where I could see it, worse yet I have an immediate need for some AL plate, and even more worser, I live in the Milwaukee area so they are local for me. So much for my budget AGAIN.........

Flyinfool
You are old enough to know you NEVER use budget and hobby in the same sentence lol
Just look at all the money you will save

I did not use those 2 words in the same sentence.......... but you did :dunno:

Oh DANG!!! You had to put this where I could see it, worse yet I have an immediate need for some AL plate, and even more worser, I live in the Milwaukee area so they are local for me. So much for my budget AGAIN.........

And here I'm trying to justify a road trip to Milwaukee. Hmm... I do have a sick friend in Hartland that I should pay a visit.

I think someone at UPS was surprised by the weight of a small package and I had two very minor (2mm or so) corner dings in this shipment, nothing to complain about. Didn't find a single piece of swarf anywhere.

Thanx for the post. I've been looking for more suppliers at decent prices.

Shelly

I am looking at purchasing some of the MIC-6 plate but maybe getting cold feet from what I have read about machinability. Will this cut ok with HSS end mills and lathe tooling? I don't have a specific project at this time, just wanted to stock up on various sizes. The price seems good but maybe I sould stick with 6061. Any special procedures recommended for using?
Thanks,
Steve

Back