Howdy! From the Land Where Fun Goes to Die

Welcome to HM, one of life's saving graces. My son lived in NJ for three years. Hate to cast aspersion's, but I'd have to agree as to it's lack of qualities for human habitation. He eventually came to his senses and is back in CO. Cheers, Mike

Welcome aboard, neighbor. I for one, don't have any animosity towards New Jersey, or any other state for the matter, but I'm glad two see some more representation up here in the northeast :)

Welcome to the site, I do not do any gun building but have started doing some Cannon stuff.
stick around and have some fun

Welcome aboard, Bully! While our primary focus is not on gunsmithing, I am sure that you will find plenty of folks here to help you in that area in addition to general machining questions.

Welcome! At first a was a bit taken aback, but than, I just spent 3 weeks in South Carolina... did you know that people driving cars can actually act decently outside the metropolitan area... I am not used to drivers letting you enter the roads, allowing me to pass. Waving for me to go in front of them... it took a couple of days to act in a more civilized way when driving.
Few more years than I'm heading that way, looking forward to loading all the machines in to a cargo container:mooning:

Welcome! At first a was a bit taken aback, but than, I just spent 3 weeks in South Carolina... did you know that people driving cars can actually act decently outside the metropolitan area... I am not used to drivers letting you enter the roads, allowing me to pass. Waving for me to go in front of them... it took a couple of days to act in a more civilized way when driving.

Hmmm.... I probably shouldn't tell you guys that there are parts of the country where drivers still wave at each other as they meet on the road - and they wave with all five fingers! In the area where my wife is from (western Minnesota, eastern South Dakota) an amazing thing happens when a funeral procession is encountered, even if it is going the other way out in the country - people stop their cars, get out, bow their heads, and the men hold their hats over their hearts. The old traditions are not all dead.

In NJ they pull inline give YA the finger in a funeral possession. Let alone wave or say hi. YUPP I'm from the garbage state my family helped start the town I live in. In fact one of the original name options was Willsboro. Now I'm the last male here. I was a very active shooter and Hunter , and I did lots of shotgun smithing , and all others too.

As terrywerm said, the gunsmithing discussions here are few and far between. But, there are a few of us that hang out here. I have other sites that I go to that are more focused on gunsmithing/pistolsmithing.

Folks down here in SE Arizona are much more friendly than those typically found in higher-density population areas. We're more of a small town compared to most. Recently met a gentleman who just moved here from NY. He said that he was plesantly surprised with the friendliness of most folks here. And he was also surprised to find that most folks here are armed when out in public even though there is little crime here.

I won't live anywhere else, given the choice.

Folks down here in SE Arizona are much more friendly than those typically found in higher-density population areas. We're more of a small town compared to most. Recently met a gentleman who just moved here from NY. He said that he was plesantly surprised with the friendliness of most folks here. And he was also surprised to find that most folks here are armed when out in public even though there is little crime here.

With all respect, I think that is a bit of an unfair generalization. Us folks who live in cities are for the most part as friendly as people anywhere else, just not as overtly. Reason, you cannot casually interact with everyone in your proximity, there are simply too many people and not enough time. This condition was masterfully illustrated in the film Midnight Cowboy, when the main character "Joe Buck" gets off the bus and tries to say "howdy" to everyone he passes on a crowded Manhattan street, quickly coming to the realize the futility. I may not smile at everyone but if a tourist asks me for directions, I smile and help them as best as I can, as would most New Yorkers.

Back