Huge News!

Doug Gray

H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
New Kit Available!

We are proud to announce the debut of our latest kit.
A Heavy Duty Knurling Tool Kit.

Fantastic project for the lathe and mill (95% lathe work). Complete materials, hardware and drawings to create a valuable tool for your shop. Even the smallest of equipment can be used to produce this kit. This kit will provide several challenging hours of good shop fun.

The materials provided include

• laser cut plates (seven)
  • ultra-machinable 1215 steel
  • 01 tool steel
  • brass
  • HSS knurling wheels
  • all required hardware
  • printed 16 page drawing package with build notes
All the plates have been laser cut and the hole centre marks have been laser etched.

Complete kit to produce a "buy it once" scissor style heavy duty knurler. A fun project that will produce a great tool for your shop!

Available in imperial (inch) or metric!

Great group project for schools or clubs!

Partial kit and drawings only options available

<iframe width="1180" height="664" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

COVER.JPG20220509_222330.jpgCOMPONENT INDENTIFICATION.JPGCOVER.JPGKIT CONTENTS.JPGTENSION KNOB.JPGCOVER.JPG

Looks very nice! You might want to use a harder steel for the knurling pins. The pins take a lot of abuse. I used M42 steel for the pins on the knurler I made. My knurler is attached to a rear mount plinth and has been great. Commercial better grade knurlers use carbide pins. The M42 is plenty hard - it is a pain to cut. If the O1 is hardened, then they should be ok. Normal O1, think it would be too soft.

This one is going on my wish list. Unfortunately I'm just finishing up a new shop so the budget is on hold for new projects for a few months.

Back