HUGE PRICE DIFFERENCE

petcnc

Active User
Registered
You guys over there are in luck! You can buy same things for half the price we pay at this side of the pond!!!
Let me give an example:
A couple of months ago I bought a small metal cutting bandsaw. I paid for that 400 EU ($450) That was the best price I could get it.

GRFemi.jpg
Today I saw the same thing advertised in USA (Home depot) for $199!!!! I felt that somebody is making a huge profit out of it

USgeneral.jpg

Of course the motor is different 115V for you 230 for us here but the issue still remains the same.

An individual in US can pay HALF the money I pay here to buy the same tool! Is it fair?

And once we get the national health care plan in full effect we'll be paying double the price as well.

OK you have lost me here.... It must be something discussed over there but I'm not aware of it. Sorry

No worries. :cool:

I was merely implying that as we move deeper into National Health Care the costs of goods and services will skyrocket. Someone, will somehow pay to support the system. As some are used to saying, there ain't no free lunch!

The more I search it the more I get confused!
My band saw is described as PROFESSIONAL RANGE tool
Shall I laugh or cry?

GRSpecs.jpg

No worries. :cool:

I was merely implying that as we move deeper into National Health Care the costs of goods and services will skyrocket. Someone, will somehow pay to support the system. As some are used to saying, there ain't no free lunch!

Still you are in a better position compared to us here. Our NHC has collapsed and unless you pay private doctors and hospitals you are dead.

Yes, that is a pretty "loose" use of the word professional..

What are your import fees?

I think the issue is the government is going to get their taxes out of us somehow. I think it is just a matter of how well they hide it. I wonder how our bottom line taxes (after all the hidden taxes are totaled) here in the USA compare to those in Europe?

Looking at the pictures the motors do look different... maybe the Italian saw has a better quality motor? If the motor is different maybe there are other differences in the quality of the parts used? The manufacture did pay an Italian product designer to a good amount to tell them the white base is more pleasing than the black base!... at least you got that going for you!

My hunch is that the General saws capabilities are probably limited to cutting cheese.

Last edited:
Back