Hunting a level vial for a King way alignment tool

LEEQ

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I'm looking for a vial with higher resolution than a machinist level to incorporate into a King way tool. Perhaps two if I can swing it. I'm not having a lot of luck just yet and thought I would ask around a bit. I would appreciate any leads:)

I have a few glass vials....I can sell you just the vial and you install it in the tube or mail the tube..hey I just remembered I'll be driving thru Cameron on Monday. I could meet you along 35 and we could exchange vial for $....lol PMand leave you number and I'll give you a shout

Thanks Richard, I'd love to hear from you. PM sent.---- oops I sent the pm yesterday, but didn't post this reply

Email me ...you must have that on your class booklet of DVD....then I can print it out and have it on the car seat....can call you at the border of Iowa & Mo. I won't have a lot of time as I hope to get down to past KC the first leg of my trip to Navasota TX,

Ok, this time I sent it to your email so it's here at HM, and at the email I have for you. I look forward to hearing from you and meeting however briefly.

So these are what I came up with. These were the bubbles made for the King Way alignment tool. Graduated .0003" per foot. I was lucky enough to get them from Richard King. I'm not sure where else to find something like this. I figure they're out there, but I stopped searching when I found these. DSCN2013.JPGAnyone who might know other sources is welcome to share.DSCN2014.JPG

When I stopped on my drive to Texas in Cameron MO where Lee is from I showed him the 15 Straight-edges I had in the van I was taking down to Steve Watkins shop in Navasota TX where he has a sweet Rockford Planer Lee said the Straight-edges he bought from me when he attended at KC MO scraping class we had hmmm must have been 4 years ago. That he had not machined or scraped his. So he drove home and picked his up, I took them with and Steve Planned them and I dropped them off as I drove north on the way home. Lee you should take a picture of those too... Not sure it's ok to put them in this thread too.....It was nice seeing you again. I was sorry to hear about your dog passing. Rich

I have more in stock and I will have a complete vial and the tube it fits in stock in about 20 days

Back