Hurricane Irma.

Whyemier.. Glad to hear you got off easy!

Up around the corner, we did not get diddly squat.

Up here in the burbs of Atlanta...

Lots of tree limbs down, some trees toppled (wet ground, the root ball came up).
Result is power lines down... lots of folks without electricity.

Thankfully, I am fine!

Been taking my generator (on trailer) to some friends houses and giving them 90 minutes of power... to get their fridge cold.

We got off easy, compared to many!

Just two days of solid rain here in NE Alabama, not much wind. Just a few tree limbs blown around here and there.

Seems like I pull it out a generator every three months or so to keep the food cold. I was out of power for a week once here, that got old quick since we only had a noisy cheapo generator.

Convinced us to get a "quiet" one. We actually downsized to a Honda eu3000 generator, its fairly low noise and powers our 2 fridges a freezer a couple fans the television and computer easily. So its big enough for temp needs. Surprisingly it stays on eco mode most of the time. Good little generator. Had a couple cheap and loud generators before and I hated those things especially with the windows open and the fuel burn was much more. I can run the Honda eu3000 24/7 if I wanted and sleep with it running in the back yard.

We switched out the electric stove for propane stove and added a propane heater too. Its not so bad when we loose power for days now.

Loosing your home is a life changer, I can only imagine the pain. Never been flooded out, but we have lost a couple roofs. Took us over 6 months to get the insurance and contractors done with and gone. It was so bad here you couldn't hire a roofer or a carpenter crew. Had to fire one thief contractor, he took the money and then disappeared for days. Came back with excuses, ended up hiring his people direct and finished it up enough to get the furniture back in. He wasn't paying the employees. I hope the States prosecute the thieving con artists for a change. He took it to court and lost, never recouped the money he stole. Be-careful who you hire, best to wait for a company with a great reputation.

Back