[4]

Husqvarna tiller problems

Scruffy

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Scruffy from oh ,has anyone ever had a hush arena tiller transmission apart. Earlier today the wife was tilling the garden and I was in my workshop when I started hearing a strange noise. First thought shee had part of a tomato cage under it wish it had been. Now I think the chain that connects trans to tiller broke. Tines just freewheel. No restiance at all. .

Scruffy

Active User

Gary Max

Active User
Registered
Maybe you could just talk her into fixing it so she could get the garden done.:roflmao:

Scruffy

Active User
There not much to most of the tiller transmissions I've had apart before. A few gears and a drive chain. They're pretty simple to take apart as long as the wheels haven't rusted to the axle. Get your model number and go here http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=husqvarna&mh=54 to see the parts diagrams.
A big thanks to old machinist for giving me the web site . Tiller has forward-reverseand the tines will rotate forward-backwards. The frame is the gearbox housing .so had to completely take apart .found a spare shim washer floating around that had lodged between shifter fork and gears. . No damage no idea. Where washer came from. All reassembled and working fine. By the way Gary max my wife says you're number1. From scruffy in the buckeye

Gary Max

Active User
Registered
Tell her ----Thanks and hope she has fun plowing the garden.
Our tomatoes are already knee high--- if it ever drys up enough I need to run the tiller through them and break the ground up a little.

Scruffy

Active User
Tell her ----Thanks and hope she has fun plowing the garden.
Our tomatoes are already knee high--- if it ever drys up enough I need to run the tiller through them and break the ground up a little.
Been eating lots of green onions and radishes getting a few tomatoes. .way to wetgotta go thanks scruffy

OldMachinist

Bronze
Rest In Peace
Your ground must have dried up pretty early if you're getting tomatoes already. Mine are a little over knee high but no fruit yet. I normally don't plan on picking tomatoes until the first week of July.

:goodjob2: Glad you found the problem with the tiller and now you know how to take it apart if ever needed again.

[5] [7]