Husqvarna tiller problems

Scruffy

Active User
Registered
Scruffy from oh ,has anyone ever had a hush arena tiller transmission apart. Earlier today the wife was tilling the garden and I was in my workshop when I started hearing a strange noise. First thought shee had part of a tomato cage under it wish it had been. Now I think the chain that connects trans to tiller broke. Tines just freewheel. No restiance at all. .

Maybe you could just talk her into fixing it so she could get the garden done.:roflmao:

There not much to most of the tiller transmissions I've had apart before. A few gears and a drive chain. They're pretty simple to take apart as long as the wheels haven't rusted to the axle. Get your model number and go here http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=husqvarna&mh=54 to see the parts diagrams.
A big thanks to old machinist for giving me the web site . Tiller has forward-reverseand the tines will rotate forward-backwards. The frame is the gearbox housing .so had to completely take apart .found a spare shim washer floating around that had lodged between shifter fork and gears. . No damage no idea. Where washer came from. All reassembled and working fine. By the way Gary max my wife says you're number1. From scruffy in the buckeye

Tell her ----Thanks and hope she has fun plowing the garden.
Our tomatoes are already knee high--- if it ever drys up enough I need to run the tiller through them and break the ground up a little.

Tell her ----Thanks and hope she has fun plowing the garden.
Our tomatoes are already knee high--- if it ever drys up enough I need to run the tiller through them and break the ground up a little.

Been eating lots of green onions and radishes getting a few tomatoes. .way to wetgotta go thanks scruffy

Your ground must have dried up pretty early if you're getting tomatoes already. Mine are a little over knee high but no fruit yet. I normally don't plan on picking tomatoes until the first week of July.

:goodjob2: Glad you found the problem with the tiller and now you know how to take it apart if ever needed again.

Back