HY VFD (Isacon not Huanyang) external pot speed control

MKSJ. Thank you very much for all the info in your last post. Very informative. More good info in one post than I have seen for some time. Greatly appreciated. The first time I have seen a decent description of how the hall sensor and magnet work together.
regards peter

You set the range of the speed of the VFD by setting the maximum run-time frequency (Pn 10) and minimum run-time frequency (Pn 11) in Hz. Most VFDs have internal program scaling specific to the speed pot so it sets the starting/ending and slope relative to the analogue inpput voltage of the speed pot and for some also the speed direction. What you have done with a 1K resistor in the 0V/Gnd leg basically starts the speed pot at ~0.8V instead of 0V. There can be a problem in with some VFDs if yo say set the lower bound to something like 15 or 20Hz and under some circumstances (like hitting the JOG) it will want to instantly adjust to the lowest frequency and this will trip an over current fault. I usually set the VFD lower bound of the speed setting to the JOG frequency but this varies by VFD model. I think you are fine as is. You still should check Pn 10 and PN 11, I would suggest something like 60 and 6 Hz assuming you have a 4P motor with a base speed of 50Hz (Australia).
Hi
Simple question for a change.
Long time since this thread was active but I have only just joined but have issue with this device. The wiring diagram leaves a lot to be desired. Unit works fine and have no issues in normal setup over the years I have had it installed. But I now want to set up a remote. Are the switches indicated in the diagram momentry or latching.

What diagram are you referring to? Two wire control typically uses a sustained 3 way maintained switch FOR-OFF-REV, three wire control uses a momentary NO for RUN/FOR, stop is a momentary NC, and REV can either be a maintained switch in a RUN configuration, or with some VFDs the FOR and REV can be momentary NO, depends on the VFD 3 wire control. Two wire control can be dangerous should the switch not be in the stop position when powered up, release of an E-Stop, and/or mechanical brake connected to the run command circuit.

My mistake failed to attach the diagram from the manual. Hope that clarifies my question.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    324.3 KB · Views: 4
They are sustained contact as shown in the diagram, not momentary. That is showing 2 wire control.

Back