I actually sold a tool today

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I don't often sell machines, but my Harvel 8 x 18 surface grinder went away today :cry: I bought it with the intention of actually using it, but it has been on the shelf for about 3 years without ever being set up, too many other projects in the way. But I still have the DoAll 6 x 18 surface grinder so all is not lost.

But tomorrow I'll have a 27 ton wood splitter, and am planning on picking up a cold saw on Saturday so I guess 2 for one ain't bad. :grin:

My math skills have been declining for many years now but I'm somewhat certain that selling one tool while acquiring two will not qualify you for graduation from the tool-a-holic club. In fact, I am somewhat suspicious that you may be on track to become an Officer In Good Standing!

I mean, really, TWO surface grinders?!

What about the rest of us? Think of the children!

My math skills have been declining for many years now but I'm somewhat certain that selling one tool while acquiring two will not qualify you for graduation from the tool-a-holic club. In fact, I am somewhat suspicious that you may be on track to become an Officer In Good Standing!

I mean, really, TWO surface grinders?!

What about the rest of us? Think of the children!

I love it :grin:

So..

In earlier testimony you indicated that you once owned not one, but TWO, surface grinders AT THE SAME TIME..

So, now, before the jury of your peers commences deliberations, please inform the court, exactly how many SHAPERS do you currently own? One? Two? A dozen?!

Your Honor, the prosecution intends to establish a pattern of willful tool hoarding in clear violation of societal norms. Well, except for Norm, the tool guy. That is a norm of a different feather...

So..

In earlier testimony you indicated that you once owned not one, but TWO, surface grinders AT THE SAME TIME..

So, now, before the jury of your peers commences deliberations, please inform the court, exactly how many SHAPERS do you currently own? One? Two? A dozen?!

Your Honor, the prosecution intends to establish a pattern of willful tool hoarding in clear violation of societal norms. Well, except for Norm, the tool guy. That is a norm of a different feather...

While Jim is a known hoarder, you must know that @Ulma Doctor has 9 lathes ... 9! Jim admittedly has it bad but UlmaDoc is severely affected!

You must have a stout shelf to hold a 8x18 surface grinder

Pretty stout :grin:

Look to the right of the lifting strap, just above center. Right to left on the shelf; surface grinder, router table, sand blast cabinet, tool & cutter grinder.
1541691691636.png

A friend once suggested putting machines on tool balancers from the ceiling, and when wanted for use, you'd have a pole with a hook on it, and pull down whatever machine was needed (tongue in cheek), but seriously, shelves are a close second.
A late friend who passed a couple of years ago, had at least three of everything that could be imagined; picture if you will the estate sale; they had three separate events over weekends, on a large scale, there was literally tons of stuff, mostly machinery and tools. Yes, I invested heavily ----

Back