I am back in the shop (and an update)

Spent yesterday in the shop. It was great. Today was heading back out to the shop, lost my balance in the living room and fell. I landed on the floor in front of the door. The reason I told you where I landed is , The ambulance people couldn't get in the house because I was against the door. To make a long story short, I am lying in the hospital with a fractured wrist and a broken ankle. I will be going home in a few hours, but I can't get to my shop for the next couple weeks. Man ......... Am I having FUN yet?????

I don't care what these damn doctors say. If I can find a way to up and down the steps outside, I will get through the snow and be machining tomorrow. They seem to think I am going to just sit around the house and wait to get better. HA!!

OMG , my friend , just when I think one of us is on the way up and back in the shop . That must have really hurt, ill be saying a special prayer for more guardian angels stand around for you. Please get better and be safe dear friend . Wish I were closer I'd send girls over to help with food and cleaning . Do you have any helpers or neighbors to drop in every so often?
Get better my friend , I'm starting some different pain meds in the meantime . Holler if anyone close from here can help for a few days.

I compleatly understand the desire to DO something rather than wait for better health.
Be careful with yourself and heal up fast.
We're sometimes better off to spend time with books and drawing paper till the body can catch up with
our ambitions.

OMG , my friend , just when I think one of us is on the way up and back in the shop . That must have really hurt, ill be saying a special prayer for more guardian angels stand around for you. Please get better and be safe dear friend . Wish I were closer I'd send girls over to help with food and cleaning . Do you have any helpers or neighbors to drop in every so often?
Get better my friend , I'm starting some different pain meds in the meantime . Holler if anyone close from here can help for a few days.

Thanks. I'm just going to vegetate on my sofa until I get a little better.

Good thing the house was cleaned yesterday. I dont really have to do anything for a while. My ankle is about the size of a softball and my hand, fingers and wrist are about twice the size they should be. They are both wrapped up right now until some of the swelling goes down. ....... god it hurts though.:apologize:

Thanks. I'm just going to vegetate on my sofa until I get a little better.

Good thing the house was cleaned yesterday. I dont really have to do anything for a while. My ankle is about the size of a softball and my hand, fingers and wrist are about twice the size they should be. They are both wrapped up right now until some of the swelling goes down. ....... god it hurts though.:apologize:

It's great that you got back in the shop. Not so great about the enforced time off. Take it easy, rest those bones. Best advise I got when I broke my foot a few years ago was "don't overdo it". The worst possible thing is to re-injure it before it's finished healing. Sounds like time for some more planning. And maybe a touch of binge-watching. (I recommend The Wire.)

Back