I build these when Im bored

I might have mixed up my forms 1 and 4, but you already started the thread by saying you were operating under a SOT. I just wanted to establish etiquette for talking about building regulated items so people from google searches don't end up crashing or legal discussion and making it into something we can't control.

I might have mixed up my forms 1 and 4, but you already started the thread by saying you were operating under a SOT. I just wanted to establish etiquette for talking about building regulated items so people from google searches don't end up crashing or legal discussion and making it into something we can't control.

Anyone who is legally able to own a pistol can build a silencer if your state allows it. Most do. This is a forum for people who want to and or are able to do machine work and in that respect is probably more geared toward people who wan to legally build silencers from scratch than the folks on most suppressor forums. The want to do shortcuts because they cant do the machine work, Its easy to do legally with the right paperwork and its easy to do it physically with the right gear.

Did this one about 23 years ago. Still have it

lZ0Abb.jpg

mFmFHd.jpg

Did this one about 23 years ago. Still have it

lZ0Abb.jpg

mFmFHd.jpg
I like that.
I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking, what other suppressor building forums you might be on. Just wondering if we have crossed paths on other sites. For this stuff I used to frequent Silencertalk before Silvers let it go to heck. Also post some at the form 1 boards and slightly at NFATalk.

I like that.
I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking, what other suppressor building forums you might be on. Just wondering if we have crossed paths on other sites. For this stuff I used to frequent Silencertalk before Silvers let it go to heck. Also post some at the form 1 boards and slightly at NFATalk.

Form1.org, silencertalk ( YugoRPK) from back when. Yeah, Silvers.... Im the admin on NFA owners and enthusiasts on FB, Some other long gone silencersmithing forums. Lots died off when the ATF decided to start enforcing the law and the solvent trap market disappeared. .

Form1.org, silencertalk ( YugoRPK) from back when. Yeah, Silvers.... Im the admin on NFA owners and enthusiasts on FB, Some other long gone silencersmithing forums. Lots died off when the ATF decided to start enforcing the law and the solvent trap market disappeared. .

How does that monocore compare to cones? Have you had a chance to meter them? YugoPRK, I remember the avatar, I was Mr. Fixit there. I mentioned a monocore on the .22 because I recall reading about how easy .22 was supposed to be to suppress. I spoke with Patrick Ramsey (Capt. Link) about a 22 can, he suggested his monocore design that was used by CMV and Enfield. It was simple round holes:
dNzcMnn.jpg
There are cross jet ports to help. Wondering if you ever tried anything like this.

How does that monocore compare to cones? Have you had a chance to meter them? YugoPRK, I remember the avatar, I was Mr. Fixit there. I mentioned a monocore on the .22 because I recall reading about how easy .22 was supposed to be to suppress. I spoke with Patrick Ramsey (Capt. Link) about a 22 can, he suggested his monocore design that was used by CMV and Enfield. It was simple round holes:
View attachment 449771
There are cross jet ports to help. Wondering if you ever tried anything like this.
I have. Theyre better than nothing but not by much.

I have. Theyre better than nothing but not by much.
Well, I'm easily swayed, lol. Those are really nice work, thanks for sharing. I guess I'm going to have to get another top end for my Ruger Mk2 and build one. Those are really sexy. I'll have to get another Form 1 filed, I still have a 30 cal to build yet on an existing form.
Looks like you're using radial baffles. I've only made straight cones, just have a manual Logan. It's asking a lot, but would you care to share your recipe for spacing and size etc?

Well, I'm easily swayed, lol. Those are really nice work, thanks for sharing. I guess I'm going to have to get another top end for my Ruger Mk2 and build one. Those are really sexy. I'll have to get another Form 1 filed, I still have a 30 cal to build yet on an existing form.
Looks like you're using radial baffles. I've only made straight cones, just have a manual Logan. It's asking a lot, but would you care to share your recipe for spacing and size etc?
I just run them with 1/2" skirts and stuff and many as I can given the barrel length into the tube. Mostly I do integrals so theyres always some barrel in the can but it varies. My ears aren't sensitive to pick up differences in wide to short baffle spacing.

Back