I can help in Northern VA, < 2000lbs

FliesLikeABrick

Wastestream salvage addict
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I just wanted to log a thread in here -- I am in Northern VA with rigging equipment and a small truck+trailer. I am happy to help with small machine moves (under 1500-1600 lbs) using my equipment, or be an extra set of hands/eyes/experience on your move. I am just a hobbyist but have moved multiple heavy drill presses, bandsaws, and small lathes+mills (300-1400 lbs) over the last 2 years, and learned good practices from following the lead of other people prior to that.

After a few years of not being able to bid on auctions or otherwise set up shop, I know the pain of not having local folks or resources to help on a budget

Last edited:
Thanks for offering up your help. :beer:

Hi, I'm planning a move in Northern Va soon (Gainesville to either Winchester or Fredericksburg), can we discuss?
Thanks, Jerry

I worked in Winchester years ago while living in Harpers ferry. Nice town. Lots of apple orchards. Good place to be.

When I lived in Raleigh I dated a girl for a while that lived in Wake Forest. This was back in 1983.

After my 4 army years Got moved here from Little Rock in 74. Raleigh area has grown up since then and 83. They sticking apartments. Townhouses everywhere. Same roads. Much more traffic. Probably same everywhere.

Hi, I'm planning a move in Northern Va soon (Gainesville to either Winchester or Fredericksburg), can we discuss?
Thanks, Jerry
Hi Jerry - I'll reach out to you privately. Depending on timeline, I hope to help out

Successfully moved a Series 1 Bridgeport from Chicago to Northern Virginia for myself this past week, will be posting a separate thread on that. With my setup the best solution was to take the ram+head off and put it in the back of the truck, but that depends on at least an engine hoist being available on each side of the trip (in my case it was a forklift at the source, and chain hoist+gantry at the destination)

I was at Harpers Ferry with John Brown. Fortunately escaped just before the shooting started. Ah, to be young again. Mike

Harpers Ferry is a cool place to visit . Winchester :grin: . I got lost 3 times coming home from this place . Bought all my 4 wheelers down at Shenendowa Honda years ago . I 81 is one of my favorite interstates . :encourage:

Back