I can't seem to find the correct lower bearing for the Delta 14" metal wood band saw.

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
The one bearing has the snap ring the wheel side is the one I need. It has a one inch ID.
Does anyone have a known good cross number reference? This project has been held up for two weeks. I have received the wrong bearings 3 times.
I'm at work or I would give the bearing numbers and the dimensions.
Thanks for your help!!!

Is it part #143 in the attached?

Attachments

• 2460.pdf
    565.2 KB · Views: 251
I found one on Ebay.
Thank you David. I never gave much faith to those 50+ year old manuals. My saw was made in Canada. It was the beginning of the cost savings program by all the US manufacturers. The saw id still that same machine, just built up in your neck of the woods.

Yes,
David, are you on Hobby-Machinists Speed Dial?
Thank you.
Maybe I can google that number. I've been trying to go off the bearing number
The "R" in my name stands for research :D
Happy to help Jeff!

I have always crossed the bearing number, I guess the older they get the harder they are to find.
The bearing house just asked for dimensions. I'll try that tomorrow.
I can always return the ebay brg.

my outer shaft bearing (SP-5398) was 52 x 26 x 15 with NDH stamped on it. I bought the equivalent NDH Bearing 87026 on ebay for $23. Later found out the local bearing place had a match in stock for $28. I like supporting the local guy, so wished I had gone that way for all of them.

That was interesting,
I called two bearing houses, gave them the number on the side of the shirld of the bearing. They told me they had them in stock, it's a standard bearing.
I then asked for the dimensions.
They said it's a standard 25mm bore, 52mm OD and 15mm wide.
I said, perfect. Except the bore is 26mm. He wanted to argue with me.
When you put the SP-5398 (the number shown in the Delta manual per David) number in Google, it crosses to a 26 bore which I have coming.
Strange, I've always been able to cross the number on a bearing to different manufacturer's

David,
That bearing number you found in the manual lead me to an ebay seller who had the right one.
I installed it yesterday and the saw is like new now.
Thanks my friend.

David,
That bearing number you found in the manual lead me to an ebay seller who had the right one.
I installed it yesterday and the saw is like new now.
Thanks my friend.

You are most welcome!
So glad it worked out for you :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back