I decided I NEED a milling machine

Machdaddy

Registered
Registered
So I wanted a milling machine, and I thought I wanted a Bridgeport. A Cincinnati Toolmaster showed up on C'list ind I could see from the pics it was a vertical style mill so I decided to broaden my horizons and take a look. Initially I passed because I swallowed the cool-ade and thought it's B'port or nothing. Then I did a little research, messaged the seller back quickly and pulled the trigger. It's paid for and a check has been cut for the rigging co.
Turns out it's a Cincinnati Toolmaster H-V and I'm going f*!*!*!g crazy waiting for delivery. In order to help "cool my jets" I decided to see if the folks on here could tell my anything about it. Sorry about the crappy pictures, it is currently in the corner of a dark garage. If you could tell me what specific head it has I could narrow my research a bit. There is really quite a bit of pubic domain info but it would narrow my searching. Not so much on the H-V model.
Also I believe this is the NMTB 40 toolholder which I understand is a huge plus
Any things I should particularly pay attention to?
Better pics to follow I promise!
Thanks!

IMG_0831.JPG

IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

You are going to enjoy that mill. Look at all the gadgets on the backside. Horizontal and vertical all in one.
What tooling did you get with it?
I'm excited for you.

I'd have thought it more likely that the vertical spindle would take a 30 taper and the horizontal a 40 taper; it is a lot more machine than a Bridgeport could ever be, you should be happy to have scored it.

I hope that isn’t the dro screen on the right of the head. :p Looks like a nice and versatile machine. Try and download a manual. Maybe call the seller and ask for the model numbers or something.
It appears to have a horizontal built into the ram. Awesome. Run it through all the speeds to make sure they work. I would ask for anything he has expecially for that horizontal part. Arbors,cutters,etc. looks like you picked a winner:encourage:

Yes very nice. It looks like a 1C, with a 1D head bolted on - a very fine arrangement. The NMTB 40 is a very nice & robust spindle. I have never run a Bridgeport knee mill, but I have used the Cinci 1D a fair amount - it is awesome. Manuals are available off the internet - perhaps in the manuals section here on HM (I can't remember if it is one of the machines I have posted). If they are not I can send them to you. There are a few other Cinci TMs here on HM. So if you have any questions, ask away.

It is good to see that you got the knee crank (I had to make one - it is different than BP and all the others). Did you get the big flat wrench for loosening the spindle tools? I also had to make several replacement pins and knobs for the various small shifters. I'd like to copy your covers over the Reeves belt (those were also missing on mine).

So long as it hasn't been wrecked, you've got a fantastic machine.

I think you will like that mill. It's heavy and rigid. I had one that I bought just to sell for profit. I wish I could have kept it.
I have a couple manuals (digital) if you need them and I can figure how to send them. Anyhow, congrats on new machine
Too many projects, not enough tools (or machines).

We are expecting more pictures. Lots more pictures!

The Download section here has the Operator's Manual (uploaded by Nels). I added a 1D sales pamphlet. Look under "Cincinnati (Except Grinders)".

I have a Service Manual and Parts List (Publication No. M-2109) but the file is too large for the server to receive - 57MB. I could try uploading it to my Google drive, but I have not used it in so long that I can't figure out how to access it. Once on the Google drive I believe I could "share" it with you.

Perhaps Jubil can have a go at doing an upload? I'll keep trying to get into my Google drive, but now I have tried too many times and I'm completely locked out for a while.

Let us know how you make out. David

Very nice and unusual- not many of those around I'll bet.. have fun
mark

Back