I don't think OSHA would approve,_Lathe and hub repair

Just.. wow! Like watching a train wreck in slow motion!

Reminds me very much.of India... steel toed boots were quite the exotic safety idea ;-)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

They love their cheater bars. Look at the ones they try using to get the input hub nut off. Tried three different mangled pipes half the neighborhood and they resorted to the liquid wrench and a sledge.
My guess is this is warranty work right?:p

The things I have seen in India, Vietnam, Cambodia and a few others are quite frightening. Certainly no safety clothing, bare feet as often as sandals.

Arc welding without a helmet, no gloves, shorts and a torn T shirt, the welding machine was just an old transformer out of something unknown, a tangle of wires on the dirt floor.

Oxygen in a cylinder, but acetylene was made on the spot with a chunk of carbide and water. Their favourite tool was a bigger hammer. Yet they did some amazing work.

My dealer trained techs are outstanding.
Please Don’t put them all in the same category.
There are plenty of hacks for sure!

I will respectfully disagree with that. Dealer trained mechanics are fine on what they are trained for. But that's it. They are not trained on theiory. They are not trained to THINK. Stick them in a general setting, given a car from a different company, and they will attempt to fix it exactly as they fixed their brand. And when that fails, out comes the high force tools.

They love their cheater bars. Look at the ones they try using to get the input hub nut off. Tried three different mangled pipes half the neighborhood and they resorted to the liquid wrench and a sledge.
My guess is this is warranty work right?:p
I guess nobody has a compressor? Air tools? Impact gun?
30 ton press?
They could get some work done with these simple items.

Rings, jewelry, sandles!!!
I can't watch. TOO Many people in the work area watching the youngster.
They could use a 20 ton press too. HF less than $200
How much is that in rupees, or whatever the local currency is, as opposed to a person's income?

I guess nobody has a compressor? Air tools? Impact gun?
30 ton press?
They could get some work done with these simple items.
Yes, there is another video of a shop with a press, making truck frame rails. I think each shop is only allowed one power tool. I am amazed at some of the stuff they do, but I would not want to drive those trucks. There was a few shops in Saudi Arabia, that I dealt with getting parts made, and I thought they were masters of made up engineering, But these videos make me nervous.

We could fill a whole forum on the rest of the Pakistan truck repair videos. Nothing those guys won't repair (If you can call it repair). Barely a wrench, or any decent tools. I bet they would not even know what to do with a ratchet. Heck, the video on radiator reparing, they even recycle the solder.

safety sandals and safety squints man they take the saying "dont force it get a bigger hammer" literary! that place is scary hard to watch

You know... if you or I had no money, were poorly educated, and lived in a third world country, but had a knack for fixing things, what would we be doing? We may look down on these guys, but talk to any survivalist types in the US, and they will assure you that they would be able to fix anything after society falls apart with their "get 'er done" attitude. It would definitely take some readjustment, but pretty sure they'd end up working in the same manner.

Last edited:
Back