I forgot I had an Anschutz target rifle = 1903 model

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I'm at work, bored to death as we have no business. I'm an essential worker in the automotive repair business.
Anyway, I forgot I had this rifle. I had it upstairs at work so it didn't burn in the fire.
This is the cheap version with the 64 action. It's a shooter.
It's the 1903 target model with the 2 stage 5098 trigger. It has an adjustment from 6 to 16 ounces.
I should go shoot this thing. It weighs over ten pounds. rifle (2).jpg
Maybe someone will trade some tooling for this thing.

aliva

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
With the run on ammo and guns in California, you might get a premium dollar for it.

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
There is a run on guns and ammo?
Boy, am I out of the loop.
My head has been in hobby machining and fabricating for my new shop.
I'll need to take my head out of the sand and look around :)

Nogoingback

Registered
Registered
There is a run on guns and ammo?
Boy, am I out of the loop.
My head has been in hobby machining and fabricating for my new shop.
I'll need to take my head out of the sand and look around :)

I picked up something at Cabela's a couple of weeks ago and they had almost no pistol ammo left.
Almost as bad as the TP section at the grocery store.

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
You forgot? ? ?
I thought it was lost in the fire, so yeah, I forgot I had it upstairs in the parts dept.
It was a nice surprise to say the least. I also found an ammo box full of 22lr and 22wM. I had all my ammo in boxes that burned except one

aliva

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Latest is the NRA and some gun shop owners are suing the California governor, and others, for designating their business as " non essential " .
The NRA is citing the 2nd amendment.

NortonDommi

Registered
Registered
I see a Texas gun shop owner just won a case based on your 2nd amendment after the police and city officials tried to shut him down.
Janderso My apologies, I was unaware of the fire. Bummer.

mickri

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
This thread brings back old memories. When I was in high school I was into smallbore prone competitive shooting in So Cal. In the summer of 1965 we went on a family vacation to Europe. Had to stop at the Anschutz factory in Germany. After ogling and being awed by the fancy 54 match rifles which were more than I could afford I bought a model designed to comply with an international 3 position standard. It had to meet certain specs as to just about everything from the stock to sights, barrel and weight. My recollection was that it was a model 1407 or 1408. But from what I have read online those had a 54 action which I didn't think my had. I know it wasn't a 64 action because another kid in the junior gun club had a 64 and mine was different from his. This rifle had no sentimental value to me. It was just a tool that I put thousands of rounds through on the way to a fourth place finish in my division at the national matches at Camp Perry. I sold it to another kid in the club who made me one of those too good to be true offers that I just couldn't pass up. I have no pictures of the rifle.

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Yeah, the 54 is another $1,500 on average. At this level, I wonder what the real difference is?? My Anschutz is a tack driver, I found some of the Eley Match ammo In my box.
I bet the tour was really neat.

mickri

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Mine was a tack driver too. The way they scored the targets was if the scorers could see three shots in the group with the center gone they had to give you the benefit of the doubt that the other two shots were in the center of the hole. Some of my friends tried to get away with only three shots. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it didn't.
I used Eley match ammo at times. Mostly I used whatever ammo the military guys had. They were issued more ammo than they could use. I remember buying 500 round bricks for sometimes as little as a $1 or $2 per brick. Never more than $5. I would buy up all I could and share the savings with the kids in the club who didn't go to matches.
One trick we played on the young kids just starting out was to tape a big knife to the center front of a milk crate and a balloon on each rear corner. The kids' eyes would get big as saucers as they watched us pop the balloons. They could never do it. We didn't tell them that we were using 22 birdshot ammo.

Fun times.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock