I Got Burnt!!

Coomba

Active User
Registered
In an attempt to let others know how I was burnt by one of the company's selling mills I'm in the process of putting together a video. And I would also like to come on forums to let everyone know who is looking for a mill, my story. But, I don't know if that is allowed. I'm not trying to flame any one person for their options, just would like to forewarn, would be buyers of the junk I was sold and the junk that was sent to replace it.

don't now the rules but that is a large investment and these dealers need to put there best foot forward or loose there business, one problem is there are those that could use this to harm a decent good company and there is always some disenchanted buyer for the best companies. You can see that in reviews on an item you may be familiar with. but the video and some good facts can save someone some good hard earned money.

If what you have to say is factual, then your comments are welcome here. Just keep it to the facts.

I agree,but I have good proof and been patient hoping this would work out, but they will not even answer any of my e-mails anymore. This has been going on since last Dec. I would like to keep others from buying their product. I paid good cash, and I'm on a fixed income. If I get the go head I'll post the video of the second mill I received. I sent it to the company to show them they have no quality control.

Go ahead and post your video, if it violates the Forum rules we can always block it. Factual experiences with vendors both good and bad are always welcome.

Ok great. Let me lay a little ground work. In Feb of 2015 I purchased a 12z mill, the steel stand and a chip pan from Charter Oak Automation. The first thing I noticed about the mill is that the slots cut for the t bolts on the table were cut in steps. I'm very new to machining so I posted a picture on this forum to ask for your thoughts.( Feb 5th New mill issue) Most said to send it back. But you have to understand my shop is on the second floor of my barn, and it has to lifted by a hand hoist then I need to rent a engine lift to get it on the stand. Also its a 50 mile trip to pick it up. So after contacting Charter Oak they agreed to send me a two axis DRO, WOW! It still has not arrived even after many calls. Skip forward now to March. The gear on the handle to raise and lower the head is now stripped. The mill is now non functioning. I contact Charter Oak Automation and the do agree to send out a second mill. I receive the mill lift it to my shop set it in place and when cleaning it up was just blown away. So I made a video to show them all the problems. Now I do admit that some are very minor, but as you will see this mill should never have left there warehouse. Absolutely zero quality control. Hope this video works,
I can't seem to figure out how to post this video from my computer to this post.

I feel your pain.
I replaced my old mig with a new three in one.
It went beautifully for 1 week then the mig stopped. (after half a 5kg roll was used)
They replaced it but the exchange unit wouldnt go down to 0.6mm wire (the original did)
Countless calls to the company did nothing and after a couple of weeks the mig on this set stopped working.
From then on I was ignored.
The stick and tig work very well but it was the mig I really wanted.
This was an ebay item and obviously cheap.
Be warned.
I still dont have a mig set.
I found after the event that this company has a gigantic track record of this kind of behaviour and ebay allows them to remove all the negative feedback.
They also keep the dialog moving until the pay-pal period ends then nothing.
I now search for any company I use before buying for such details.

I can't seem to figure out how to post this video from my computer to this post.
First you have to upload the video to YouTube or other video host then you can link to it in this forum

Picture1.jpg

Back